- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- About 1/2 head of baby bok choy, chopped (separate white and green pieces)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced very thin
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. shaved fresh ginger (on the small side of a cheese grater)
- 4 c. vegetable or broth
- 2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce )
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 oz thin rice noodles (1/2 package)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp (I used jumbo, but you can use whichever you prefer)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Place shrimp onto a baking sheet (with a lip… you don’t want the liquid spilling over the side!) and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min depending on size of shrimp. This is from FROZEN.
- Heat sesame oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add white pieces of bok choy and carrots, saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, and saute one minute longer.
- Add broth, water, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles, and cook 2 minutes, separating noodles as they cook. Stir in green onions, and green pieces of bok choy. Cook 2-3 minutes longer. Add the cooked shrimp and stir in.
- Turn off heat, stir in rice vinegar, and serve immediately.
My husband LOVED this!! This would be great on a cold and rainy day!! Very comforting soup!
and now, for the quote of the day: