10 Things that I have learned about cooking, since having a cooking blog:
- I have learned that I LOVE it. I think that I cook with love, and when I cook for someone, I like to watch them (not being creepy at all, I promise!) 😉 eat and enjoy it. If they don’t like it… I’m CRUSHED! I shouldn’t be… but I am.
- I have also learned that it’s ok to not cook EVERY meal EVERY day completely from scratch. That’s exhausting.
- I have learned that I need to give myself permission to mess up. It’s ok if I don’t make a perfect delicious meal every night.
- I have learned that it’s not as hard, as I used to think it was, to make meals with mainly whole ingredients.
- I have learned experimenting is FUN!
- I have learned that when I have fun cooking, my kids join in, and they try new things!
- I have learned that because I love cooking so much, it can be better than eating out! (Unless I don’t feel like cooking…)
- I have learned I need to invite people over more, I need to be better at entertaining. I need to use this thing I enjoy, and share it with others, and get to know people better and invite people into my home and not be such a hermit. 🙂
- I have learned that I get scared to bring food places because I think people will expect my food to be AMAZING because I have a food blog… and then I question myself and second guess myself and decide I can’t cook anything that good… and don’t sign up to bring anything… sometimes.
- I have learned that I don’t know it all… and I still want to take cooking lessons!
What have some of you other moms or chefs, or bloggers out there learned since taking on a “new venture”? Share it in the comments!!
Just adding this picture because I DESPERATELY want to go apple picking… and the season is coming up soon (some apples have already come into season!)… Does this picture (from last year) get you excited?!
And now, for the quote of the day: