So, I completely forgot to have a “pretty plate” to take a picture of! I had my cousin and her boyfriend come visit us, and I served this yummy dinner. So, we all just served up a plate, and sat down! My husband goes “you didn’t take a picture…”. Yeah, it’s that often now that I have this blog, that he realizes when such a thing is absent! HA! So, I quick whipped out my camera, and took this beauty… heh. Oh well!
Mashed potatoes are a recipe listed previously. Rolls also. The salad is just a lettuce salad with a cilantro lime dressing you can find here (my mom made it): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/shredded-tex-mex-salad-with-creamy-lime-dressing-recipe.html
So, this recipe will be primarily for the Beef. You can hardly see it in the picture, it’s not spotlighted at all… BUT, my cousin’s boyfriend, Andrew, called it stupendous! So!!!!!! I’d say it went off well!!! 🙂 Shari (my cousin) says, “yes, put on your blog that your guests thoroughly enjoyed it!”. So, here I did!
Balsamic Beef Roast with Carrots and Onions
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 onion cut in large pieces
- 8 carrots peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1-2 tsp of minced garlic
- Place the roast on the bottom of the crock pot and press the brown sugar onto the top of the roast firmly.
- Whisk together all the remainig ingredients and add to the to the top of the roast. add onions and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove roast and shred with a fork, return to juices.
- Serve and enjoy. The gravy is delicious with mashed potatoes too!
Quote of the Day: