This afternoon I wanted something lemony… kind of light with lots of flavor… and THIS was IT!!! It was really quickly made after church, MAYBE took me 20 minutes… MAYBE. It uses pre-made gnocchi so it took a lot of time out of it too. LOVE!!! I will be using this as a comfort go-to again for sure!! I also like that the gnocchi isn’t boiled, just sauteed, so it gives it a bit of a crispy outside and soft inside..,. like a delicious roll… mmmmmm…. !!!! 🙂
Try this one for sure!!
- 2 TB extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package gnocci (I used Trader Joes – it’s 17.6 oz.)
- 1 TB smart balance w/olive oil
- 1 zucchini (small, chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 onion (small, chopped)
- salt (& pepper)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 TB (or so) pesto (to drizzle on top after serving)
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 2 tbsps shaved parmesan cheese
- zest and juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi then spread in one layer and saute undisturbed for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom. Toss then add the lemon zest and lemon juice and continue sauteing for 3-4 more minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove skillet from heat then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in another large skillet then add zucchini, corn, and onion and garlic, and then season with salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes and then saute for 30 more seconds. Remove skillet from heat then add half & half and parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Pour mixture into skillet with gnocchi then toss to combine. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve and top with more parmesan if so desired, and drizzle with a little bit of pesto.
Enjoy!! I know we did!
And now, for the quote of the day: