So tonight my husband requested for me to make a dish that was spicy… with a bit of heat. He originally requested a soup… but I just couldn’t bring myself to sit over a pot of soup… not when it’s 94 degrees outside. Not gonna do it.
I made this to my husbands preference for spiciness. Therefore, I did not eat it. 🙂 Too spicy for me. I had leftovers. I will do anything for my husband though, and if he wants to have a very spicy dish one night, I will GLADLY eat a bit of leftovers!!! So my husband and father in law got a good spicy tomato dish for dinner! They really liked it too! Said it had a good heat, and great flavor. So, this is a winning dish! YAY!!
If you do NOT want a spicy turnout, check out the original recipe that I adapted mine from here: Chicken Marengo
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 TB butter
- 1/2 tsp Emeril’s Bayou Blast Essence seasoning
- 15 grape tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5oz) fire roasted tomatoes with green chilis (Like Rotel)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 c sliced black olives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- juice and zest from 1/2 of a lime
- Mix flour, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Cut chicken in 2″ pieces.
- Heat up the oil in pan.
- Toss the chicken in flour and salt and pepper and cayenne powder.
- Place in batches in the pan and brown on all sides.
- Remove to a plate. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Add the butter to the pan if needed.
- Add onion, garlic and Emeril’s Bayou seasoning to the pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until softens.
- Add wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add can of tomatoes with chilis, broth, oregano and olives and the red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice just before serving.
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes. I had a little bit of both, so I served with a little bit of both!
I also added a bit of Rye Bread to the side with some butter to eat along with the meanl Delish!
And now, for the quote of the day:
Pingback: Chicken Marengo, Caliente Style! – #Delish #HealthyChoices #HealthyLifestyle | FrugalFitMomma