Ok, this recipe is GOOD… the taste is just… sooo good! There’s just some kinks I still have to work out.
I have learned this by making it 2X already, and not quite getting it right, but it tastes good enough that I seriously wouldn’t mind making it 1x per month just to work it out!
The issue is the polenta. The first time I tried to make it, I used corn FLOUR… oops! This time, I used Pre-cooked polenta. I learned, as I was putting away the leftovers, that if I had let the pizza set for a bit and cool down, the “crust” would have set and it wouldn’t have been a pile of Italian mush…. tasty mush though! Ha!
So, I’ll post any changes, but if you make this… LET IT COOL to help set the crust.
1/2 cup black olives sliced
cherry tomatoes cut into half
1/2 to 3/4 cup of marinara sauce
2 strips of cooked bacon, and crumbled into small pieces
- Heat oven to 425° F. Oil a 9-inch cake pan; set aside.
- Crumble the polenta into the bottom of the cake pan and mix with the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spread the polenta over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, and remove.
- Add sauce into the crust.
- Place the toppings onto the pizza, ending with the sliced mozzarella and basil.
- Bake until the polenta is crisp around the edges, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let sit and cool for 15-20 minutes until crust sets.
Seriously… this is a good one!
And now, for the quote of the day: