Ok… so I obviously love to cook, but on my birthday, I don’t want to. The problem was, I didn’t want to go out either. I am a homebody and I just wanted to be HOME on my birthday. So, my husband was there with a very big problem. Since we have gotten married he has cooked for me about 5 or 6 times. I am pretty sure he was successful 2 of those times. Sometimes he tries to get too creative. Like when he made me chicken lettuce wraps and wanted them to taste like P.F. Changs… they somehow ended up having noodles and peanut butter in them. “WHAT?” you say? “Peanut Butter in lettuce wraps?!” You say? Yes. That is what he did. That’s just one of his creative examples.
So, what I did for my birthday, INSTEAD of giving him creative control, was asked him to cook WITH me in the kitchen and I’d be his “sous-chef”. (sp?) AND he made me dinner! Definitely a FUN “date” time for us, and I REALLY enjoyed it! We made margaritas and talked, and made dinner. I loved it so much!
So I was at Trader Joes the other day buying shrimp because I can get wild caught shrimp (Red Argentinian shrimp to be precise) for $8.99/lb and they are med.-large size! The guy at the checkout register was telling me about this recipe that he had just tried the night before for shrimp and how amazing it was! So I looked it up on my phone while I was standing there and stored it away so that I could use it later. I then decided later… I wanted it on my birthday! And boy… it’s a good one!
BBQ Butter Shrimp – copy cat Ruth’s Chris Steak House
This is NOT my recipe, or my husband’s recipe… this is literally copied from this link: http://www.food.com/recipe/ruths-chris-steak-house-barbecue-shrimp-orleans-147717
Check it out!!!
- 1lb butter
- 2teaspoons black pepper(scant)
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne pepper(scant)
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons paprika
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon whole dried rosemary leaves(measured, then finely chopped)
- 2ounces garlic, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons water
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1lb shrimp, 16-20 count, cleaned, peeled and deveined ****(I only used 1/2 lb…)******
- 1⁄4cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2cup dry white wine
- For Barbecue Butter — Soften butter at room temperature to 70-80 degrees F. Place butter in mixing bowl; add pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water. Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate to 40 degrees F. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- For Shrimp — Toss the shrimp with the ingredients listed above, in a large bowl. Then, place on a lined rimmed cookie sheet (so all the oil and juices won’t spill over into your oven) and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes depending on size of shrimp. Cook until pink and no longer translucent inside of the shrimp.
- Take care not to overcook the shrimp.
I served the shrimp over leftover mashed potatoes!!! We removed the shrimp from the oven, and placed on re-heated mashed potatoes, and then smothered them with the barbecue butter and some shredded cheese and ENJOYED!! It was AWESOME!!!!!! Give it a try!
Pingback: BBQ Butter Shrimp – #ItsWhatsForDinner #Yummy | FrugalFitMomma