There are a few recipes that need to go in here… so I’ll start with the simple.
Fresh beets, cut up and boiled for 20 minutes. Then, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt. YUM!
2 avocados, sliced and diced
the juice of 1 lime
1/4 sweet onion
splash of hot sauce
1 small bunch of FRESH cilantro (about 1/4 cup)
grape tomatoes sliced in half (I used around 10)
Shrimp Caprese Orzo Pasta
Original recipe: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2746948
Grape Tomatoes cut in 1/2, 1 cup
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Basil, 1 tbsp
White Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tbsp
Salt, 1 dash
Pepper, black, 1 dash
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Shrimp, raw, 10 medium
FRESH mozzarella cut into slices
Drain pasta and stir together with diced tomato mixture and then top with cooked shrimp.
Serving Size: Makes 3-4 Dinner Portions
Number of Servings: 4
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
adapted from this recipe: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/06/greek-marinated-chicken/
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano $0.08
- 1/2 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium lemon
- ½ tsp ground himalayan sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper $0.05
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley $0.20
- 3½ to 4 lbs chicken pieces $6.86
- To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Use a fine holed cheese grater or a zester to scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the bowl. Also add the juice from half of the lemon (about 1-2 Tbsp). Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Roughly chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley and stir it into the marinade.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinade to a gallon sized zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible, close the bag tightly, and massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, either cook the chicken on a grill OR preheat the oven to 375 degrees in preparation to bake the chicken.
- To bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9×13). Bake the chicken in the preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top.