Another lighter dish… but DOES have the carbs. No cream or butter though!!! WOOHOO! So… it’s a yummy one!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup salsa verde (Trader Joes)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 Cups LS Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (if you’d like)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Feta crumbled on top (if so desired)
- 1 oz. pancetta
- 1 TB pesto
- 8 large leaves FRESH basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch (or other 3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Put a large pot with 2 cups chicken broth on stove to boil.
- Put the Shrimp single layered on the 9×13 prepared pan. Cover w/1 TB olive oil, salt and pepper and sprinkle with the pancetta. Place in oven and cook for 12-15 min (depending on shrimp size). Heat oil in a 2-quart skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in salsa, 1 1/2 tablespoons, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper; cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook orzo in the boiling chicken broth until tender but still firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to the skillet with the sauce. Toss with the tomato-shrimp sauce. Sprinkle with feta and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, basil, parmesan and spinach.
- Stir until cheese is melted and gooey. Serve immediately and drizzle with pesto if so desired.
It was light and fresh and I LOVED it!! I do have a cold, and am a bit congested and therefore could not taste it as well as I probably should have to do a review of this… BUT I really liked it! My husband says that it was very packed full of flavor and a great dinner! No sides needed!
And now, for the quote of the day: