- 4 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons garlic aoli
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash or 21 Seasoning Salute (TJ)
- 1 tsp shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 slices sharp cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 cup arugula (or similar lettuce)
Ingredients for the Garlic Aoli:
1/2 cup organic mayonnaise
2 TB fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
salt and pepper
Put into a small dish and whisk together. That’s it! Perfect for a sandwich to add that extra zing!
Cooking Instructions for the chicken tenderloins:
Place chicken tenderloins in a heated up skillet w/1 Tb of olive oil. Sprinkle with lemon zest, parmesan cheese, seasoning and salt and pepper on both sides. Cook until heated through – about 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness of the tenderloin. I put mine in the pan frozen, so I am cooking from frozen. (I LOVE the Trader Joes chicken tenderloins. You NEVER have to thaw them before tossing them in the skillet, and they always come out amazing!)
Directions for assembling the sandwich!
- Top the toasted whole wheat bagel. tops and bottoms, with the aoli. Then place 2 chicken tenderloins, and cheddar. If you want the cheese to melt, you can broil in the oven for 3 min on broil LOW..
- Top with the arugula or lettuce and bagel tops.
And now, for the quote of the day: