This is a lighter meal… but still filling, and FULL of protein! It has carbs, but good carbs. It’s a quick one… from start to finish will only take about 20 minutes, AND will feed 5-6 people depending on serving sizes! Delicious, light, and easy… WINNER! 🙂
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 nitrite and nitrate free kielbasa
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground yellow curry powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Trader Joes Harvest Grain Blend
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetable medley
- 2 TB butter
- 1 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the kielbasa into slices and set aside. Chop the onion and place into the heated oil along with the frozen vegetables. Once the onion has started to become clear, add the kielbasa, 1 TB butter and 1 TB water and put lid on and let simmer on low.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 3/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth to boil in a sauce pan.
- Once boiling, add 1 1/4 cup of Trader Joes Harvest Grain Blend to the pot and follow directions on cooking. Add the paprika and curry powder and cut up dried apricots into here before you place the lid on. (this blend has Israeli couscous, baby garbanzo beans, red quinoa, orzo pasta and dried bell pepper)
- Once the couscous is done according to directions on package, put 1 TB butter on top, stir, and serve under the kielbasa mixture that would be done by now.
I served this with pineapple… you can serve with any fruit to make it a well rounded meal. We all really enjoyed it! I will probably save it for a busy day when I need a quick and easy meal! So good!
And now, for the quote of the day:
Pingback: Kielbasa and Mixed Veggies Over Harvest Grains! #yum #itswhatsfordinner #dancinandcookininthekitchen | FrugalFitMomma
Pingback: Kielbasa and Mixed Veggies over Harvest Grains Mix – #Quick #Easy #Healthy | FrugalFitMomma