Mondays…. I made this salad last night. You know the movie “Office Space”?
I seriously LOVE that movie. I really do. I’ve seen it quite a few times, and it’s still funny every time!
I was thinking about that quote yesterday. The day seemed endless. In South Carolina, there is a yellow haze of pollen floating through the air, and coating my throat and lungs causing swelling and coughing and overall miserable feelings in our house. What is the need for this much pollen? I mean, you look outside and you can SEE THE BREEZE. I’m not joking. We have enough pine trees. The pollen needs to dial it back a bit.
I know this rant will do nothing. But I felt the need to whine. And then I had a glass of wine. HA!
Anyways… back to my salad. My husband said that he was craving his chinese food leftovers last night and wanted to eat that, and was going to be coming home late. I, however, was NOT craving that. So… I looked at my meal plan and decided on a yummy and filling salad!
This one is seriously soo good! I did have popcorn later that evening as a nighttime snack, but this one was filling, sweet yet tangy, and really fresh. You have your crunch, chewy, sweet, tart… everything!
Try this one out for sure!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or any light oil)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard, OR dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (or more if you desire)
- Mix it in a 2 cup measuring cup with a whisk, or you can mix it in a Salad Dressing Mixer.
- 4-6 chicken tenderloins cooked (or leftover grilled chicken on a Cast Iron Pan) thru and sliced. (I cooked mine in the skillet with a bit of olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper. The more basic the chicken, the better. You’re gonna have the flavor in the salad and the dressing)
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 5 oz. Artisan salad mix (or spring greens)
- 1 avocado, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 sliced and halved cucumber (I prefer English or “hothouse” cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Optional: You can add some almonds or pecans as well if you’d like!!!
And now, for the quote of the day: