1 cup all purpose flour (I like Lily Self-Rising Flour, makes them extra fluffy!)
1 cup soymilk (or rice milk)
1 tsp flax seed meal
1/4 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1. Spray cooking spray on skillet.
2. Heat on medium.
3. Mix all ingredients in one bowl.
4. Use 1/4 measuring cup to drop pancakes into skillet.
5. Cook pancakes on skillet until bubbly in the middle and a bit dry around the edges.
6. Flip and cook 2 minutes more until done.
My kids are creatures of habit. A couple of years ago, when my mom watched my kids when I was still working full time, they would usually have breakfast with her. She got them into a “toast” routine. Every single morning… I mean EVERY morning (whether we are out of town and at Panera for breakfast, or home) they want toast and bacon and juice for breakfast. That’s it. It’s crazy! The problem this morning is that I didn’t go grocery shopping yesterday, and realized this morning that I am out of bacon and bread. OOPS! So, my toast snob children were not happy. BUT, I whipped up these “Levi Friendly” (my son who has food allergies) pancakes and they DEVOURED them!!! At least I know what I can make now when I run out of bread!!!