Do you want something creamy, and yet with a kick of heat at the same time? Something cheesy that still makes you sweat?! Who doesn’t!???? Right?
This dish is IT! And, it’s filling and yummy. Like, real yummy. (You’d never know I was an English major in college would you? I’m not going to discuss how long it’s been.)
This dish takes 20 to 25 minutes to complete, and only 1 pot dirtied! So, if you get home late, pop it in the pan with almost all of the ingredients, simmer… finish and serve! Love these types of dinners!
Creamy-Cheesy-Spicy Hearty One Pot Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Turkey Kielbasa cut up
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 cup half&half
- 8 oz dry pasta (I used whole grain spaghetti, you can use whatever)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
- garnish with parmesan cheese and a bit more spinach (chopped)
- Add Olive Oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic powder and onion powder and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, and half&half. Sprinkle spinach in and let wilt.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, and a bit of extra spinach.
- Makes about 4 servings. YUM!
And, my favorite things to cook and stir with, that also makes sure that I don’t scratch my awesome pans are:
* Ioven 8.5 inch Silicone Spatula Set of 4
* Totally Bamboo 5-Piece Utensil Set
And now, for the quote of the day:
I was at a women’s church conference a lot of the last couple days and wanted something quick and easy when I came home today. This was definitely the answer! I like dishes that I can just toss in 1 single pot, only dirty 1 dish, and then serve from that same dish.
Have you ever gotten done cooking and looked around and seen like an entire sink full worth of dishes to wash?! I definitely have done that. I do try to wash and clean as I go, but in general I like to use as little dishes as possible. When I find one that I like, I have to post it!
Side note: So today our dog had dog training! Good thing, he’s doing really well! Bad thing, he doesn’t show his true colors when the trainer is around… ever. It’s really really annoying! It’s lime children and their babysitter or nanny. ANGELS compared to when they are with you! Ha! Hopefully his true colors will come out when needed.
3/4 pound spaghetti
1 package all natural nitrate free turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes with some oil from the jar
2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Kosher Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Dash (1/8 tsp) cayenne powder
1 TB butter
1 cup grated Parmesan
Garnish with fresh parsley
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, kielbasa, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, cayenne powder and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.
This one was a HIT too! So easy, and everyone went back for seconds and I still has some leftovers! Have a crazy day and need to have something quick to make? This is it! And I purchased all of these ingredients at Aldi! Give it a go!
And now, in honor of the women’s conference I went to this weekend, the quote of the day: