Do you want something creamy, and yet with a kick of heat at the same time? Something cheesy that still makes you sweat?! Who doesn’t!???? Right?
This dish is IT! And, it’s filling and yummy. Like, real yummy. (You’d never know I was an English major in college would you? I’m not going to discuss how long it’s been.)
This dish takes 20 to 25 minutes to complete, and only 1 pot dirtied! So, if you get home late, pop it in the pan with almost all of the ingredients, simmer… finish and serve! Love these types of dinners!
Creamy-Cheesy-Spicy Hearty One Pot Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Turkey Kielbasa cut up
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 cup half&half
- 8 oz dry pasta (I used whole grain spaghetti, you can use whatever)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
- garnish with parmesan cheese and a bit more spinach (chopped)
- Add Olive Oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic powder and onion powder and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, and half&half. Sprinkle spinach in and let wilt.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, and a bit of extra spinach.
- Makes about 4 servings. YUM!
And, my favorite things to cook and stir with, that also makes sure that I don’t scratch my awesome pans are: