Adapted from Jillian Michaels’ “The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook”
Light Summer Lemon-Yogurt Pasta with Veggies and Shrimp
Serves 4 (calories: 323 per serving)
- 8 OUNCES WHOLE WHEAT LINGUINE (OR YOUR PASTA OF CHOICE)
- 1/2 CUP NONFAT PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
- 1/2 SWEET ONION CHOPPED
- 1/4 CUP GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 TEASPOON GRATED LEMON ZEST plus the juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- 3 MEDIUM (8-OUNCE) ZUCCHINI, CUT INTO THIN STRIPS (3 INCHES LONG AND 3/4 INCH WIDE, LIKE A BIG STICK OF GUM)
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, THINLY SLICED
- 1/2 PINT GRAPE OR CHERRY TOMATOES, HALVED LENGTHWISE
- 20 medium shrimp (peeled and de-veined and baked at 400 w/oil and salt and pepper for 8-12 min depending on size of shrimp)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook about 9 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, and cook just until wilted, flipping them over occasionally with a spatula. (The zucchini will be soft and somewhat see-through.)
- Use a spoon or spatula to push the zucchini aside so a space on the bottom of the pan is clear. Add the garlic, and onion and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, until golden but not really brown.
- Mix the garlic into the zucchini.
- Stir in the tomatoes and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture to the yogurt mixture, and stir to combine. Add the drained linguine, and toss gently to combine. Divide among four bowls and serve.